Cruise #5
Day 12/14
Bonaire
Today we had our monthly team activity. We were able to sleep in until 11 because the gangway shoot was cancelled. The last port is always difficult to shoot because everyone is getting sick of us, and hardly anyone stops for photos. Since we reached our target in photos on most of the other ports, the manager decided to give us the morning off.
We went for lunch at this nice local Dutch restaurant, which had a big tree growing in the middle of it. The food was really good. They served mainly sandwiches (hot & cold), wraps, soups and salads (also all day breakfast :). I had a mozzarella/tomatoe/pesto sandwich on a baguette, while most of the team had this massive sandwich with shrimp, tuna and salmon on it. I also had one of the best salads ever. It had shredded lettuce and finely chopped tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, peppers and pickles, with a nice light dressing. Doesn't sound like anything special (except the pickles, which I found strange), but it tasted so good!
After lunch we took a shuttle to a hotel/resort place not too far from the port. It was $5 for a day pass, and extra if you wanted to rent snorkel equipment or to kayak. The beach was too rocky to swim in, but very good for snorkeling, so a few people did that. I was mainly excited for the swimming pool! I've been wanted to swim in a pool for so long, since I see the guest pool everyday (which we're not allowed to use). Charlston has an underwater camera, so we took a bunch of pictures with that (I look like a chubby fish in all of them cause I'm holding my breath). After we got bored of the pool, Charlston & I went kayaking for a bit. That was a lot of fun. I'll post some pictures once I get them from Charlston. Lots of photos were taken, as you can imagine, us all being photographers. It's kinda funny, hearing people describe how they want you to shoot them ("can you take a picture of me in front of the ship?" *takes a test shot* "this kind of cropping, horizontal, from the waist up") haha.
It was such a fun day, but now I'm exhausted. I only got 1 hour of sleep before I had to start working in the gallery. Right now I'm on my dinner break, but I'm going to go print some photos in the lab soon.
Tomorrow I get to be the Easter Bunny and take photos with some of the kids onboard....
No comments:
Post a Comment