
I'm so excited right now this is going to be hard for me to type!! I found out the ship I will be on today, and I couldn't be more excited!!!! It's the Celebrity Constellation! Everyone seems to have a great ship and itinerary, but mine is especially great (for me, at least)! A little bit about the Constellation: It was built in 2002, renovated (or as they called it "Solsticized") in 2007 and in May 2010 it got a $40+ million overhaul. It carries around 2,000 passengers and has about 1,000 crew members onboard. There are 11 decks and lots of different restaurants, bars, clubs, shops and things to do and see. It has some really excellent reviews on Cruise Critic. The demographic is pretty old (I think), and that is because it's very expensive ($1000-$5000+), but has a luxuriously relaxing and entertaining cruise itinerary. Here's my itinerary for the next 6 months! (Expect lots of post cards!)

I leave tomorrow morning at 9am to get on a shuttle to Fort Lauderdale, where the ship leaves from. The cruises are generally 14 days long. My first trip will be:
Day 1: Fort Lauderdale (Florida)
Day 2: at sea
Day 3: Charlotte Amal (Virgin Islands)
Day 4: St.John's (Antigua)
Day 5: Castries (Saint Lucia)
Day 6: Bridgetown (Barbados)
Day 7: St.George's (Grenada)
Day 8: Scarborough (Tobago)
Day 9: at sea
Day 10: Oranjestad (Aruba)
Day 11: Willemstad (Curaçao)
Day 12: at sea
Day 13: at sea
Day 14: Fort Lauderdale (Florida)

The week after that is similar, but a little bit different:
Day 1: at sea
Day 2: at sea
Day 3: Philipsburg (St.Maarten)
Day 4: St.Johns (Antigua)
Day 5: Castries (Satint Lucia)
Day 6: Bridgetown (Barbados)
Day 7: St.George's (Grenada)
Day 8: at sea
Day 9: Oranjestad (Aruba)
Day 10: Willemstad (Curaçao)
Day 11: Kralendijk (Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands)
Day 12: at sea
Day 13: at sea
Day 14: Fort Lauderdale (Florida)

The itinerary in the Caribbean will continue until May 7th, then I get a transatlantic crossing to EUROPE!
Day 1: Fort Lauderdale
Day 2: at sea
Day 3: at sea
Day 4: at sea
Day 5: at sea
Day 6: at sea
Day 7: at sea
Day 8: Ponta Delgada (Azores)
Day 9: at sea
Day 10: Lisbon (Portugal)
Day 11: at sea
Day 12: at sea
Day 13: Cherbourg (France)
Day 14: Paris (Le Havre) (France)
Day 15: Dover (England)
Day 16: Amsterdam (Holland)

After that (May 22): Scandinavia & Russia!
Day 1: Amsterdam (Holland)
Day 2: at sea
Day 3: Berlin (Germany)
Day 4: at sea
Day 5: Stockholm (Sweden)
Day 6: Helsinki (Finland)
Day 7: St.Petersburg (Russia) *overnight* :)
Day 8: St.Petersburg (Russia)
Day 9: Tallinn (Estonia)
Day 10: at sea
Day 11: Copenhagen (Denmark)
Day 12: at sea
Day 13: Amsterdam (Holland)

That amazing itinerary continues until July 9, when I get to visit the Arctic Circle!
Day 1: Amsterdam
Day 2: at sea
Day 3: Bergen (Norway)
Day 4: Arctic Circle (crossing)
Day 5: Leknes (Norway)
Day 6: Arctic Circle (crossing)
Day 7: Longyearbyne (Norway)
Day 8: Arctic Circle (crossing)
Day 9: Honningsvag (Norway)
Day 10: Acrtic Circle (crossing)
Day 11: Alesund (Norway)
Day 12: at sea
Day 13: Amsterdam

After that (July 21): Norwegian Fjords!
Day 1: Amsterdam
Day 2: at sea
Day 3: Stavanger (Norway)
Day 4: Flam (Norway)
Day 5: Alesund (Norway)
Day 6: Geiranger (Norway)
Day 7: Molde (Norway)
Day 8: Olden (Norway)
Day 9: Bergen (Norway)
Day 10: at sea
Day 11: Oslo (Norway)
Day 12: at sea
Day 13: Amsterdam

And that will conclude my 6 months at sea! I will end off in Amsterdam where I will probably vacation for a week before returning home :) Anyone who wants to come to Amsterdam to meet up with me is more than welcome (and is HIGHLY encouraged)
Hey Heather. I just came across your blog. My husband and I and 2 other friends will be joining you on 3/24/12. We did the same itinerary last year and loved it so much we are doing it again. Where will you be working on the ship? Maybe we can introduce ourselves to you. We are so excited and can't wait. Maybe you can give us heads up on some exciting things that we would like to know that you can't find out on Celebrity's website. Please email me at: jdenton@faclogistics.com. Look forward to hearing from you. Jewel
ReplyDeleteWell I guess you are thinking what planet is this chick from. I just noticed that you were referring to last year. I imagine we met you at some point in time b/c we were on that cruise probably during the same time as you last year and had lots of pics taken.
Delete