I just got my in-room internet set up. It's slow but manageable, and only 0.12 per minute haha. Here are some 'entries' I wrote offline
2:00pm
I had set my alarm this morning for 7:30, but when it went off I changed it to 7:45 to get a bit more sleep. My plan was to go to the laundry service (which opens at 8) to get fresh towels and linen (I did not trust to use the ones in the cabin, cause who knows!!), but I somehow missed that alarm and woke up at 9am to the sound of my watch's hourly beep (a feature I had tried to turn off but didn't know how... I'm lucky I didn't). I panicked a bit cause I was supposed to be at my "Time & Attendance" meeting (how ironic!) I threw on my uniform, washed my face, brushed my teeth, put on deodorant and practically ran there. I made it by 9:08 and everything was fine. A few others trickled in late as well. There was another safety meeting after that, and then I worked for an hour in the photo gallery. At 12:30 I went for lunch with Mark, Alena and Evelyn (another photographer, she's from China). Daniel (who is from Spain) also met us there, he is the ships videographer. I really want his job, so I'm going to talk to him as much as possible. The videographer gets to go to all the cruise events and shore excursions and edits the footage into a "Cruise in Review" DVD which we sell in the gallery. I won't be able to do that until my second contract though.
I am slowly getting use to the rocking motion of the ship. My stomach is not as sick feeling as yesterday, and I was able to eat more at lunch (probably because I didn't have any breakfast). After lunch I got my towels & linen and was able to take a shower finally. It's so awesome not having a roommate, because I can leave the bathroom door open if I want, and walk around naked without worries :)
No comments:
Post a Comment