Saturday, February 5, 2011

YYZ -> ATL -> MIA

After a two week delay, I am finally on my way to Miami for training as a Image Photographer! I can't believe it is for real happening. Right now I am at Pearson Airport waiting to board my flight (I have about one hour to kill). I am lucky to be traveling with another Image Photographer, Alyssa. We were both supposed to fly out on January 23rd, but our medical reports were not cleared in time, so we had to wait for the next training session. I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one with that problem! We get along because we can relate, and she was also at the group interview I attended in October.

I found out yesterday that I will be working on the Majesty of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean cruise that does 3-night (Fri-Mon) & 4-night (Mon-Fri) cruises to the Bahamas (Nassau), Coco Cay (Royal Caribbean's privately owned island) and (only on the 4-night cruise) Key West,Florida. As far as I know the Majesty does the same route for the whole time I'm there, but I could be transfered to another boat at any time, or the ship could change itinerary! I would love to do something a bit more cultured and adventurous, but I am still very excited for this trip!



I don't know much about the Bermuda Triangle, but I will be spending most of my cruising time in it! Ahh, I hope I don't go missing!



As much as I would love to be able to communicate with everyone, all the time, I won't know what the internet situation is like on board. The ship was built in 1992, but refurbished in 2007, so I'm not sure what to expect. I will try and blog as often as I can, so please check back for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment