So I made it to Miami!!!!!! Got to the hotel with little delay (just the usual stuff, baggage claims, waiting for shuttle bus). Arrived around 13:30, and was able to get some training stuff done (we missed all the boring stuff, says the others, score!). There are about 16 people here, all from different countries (mostly England (1 girl, 6 guys), Wales (1 girl), Chile (2 girls), Argentina (1 guy), Spain (1 girl) & Jamaica (1 girl & 1 guy) plus us 2 Canucks). Everyone is young-ish (21-30) and very friendly! We all seem to get along well, considering we've only known each other less than 12 hours. I will write more about it later tonight, but right now I am starving!! Haven't eaten since this morning, and there isn't much to do around the hotel so a bunch of us are going to 'the mall' lol.
Oh, and looks like I got Punk'd... turns out I am NOT going to be on the Majesty of the Seas, that was only written on my Letter of Employment so that the US customs would let me through! They are going to place us on ships at the end of the training, based on our personalities and stuff.
More later, byeeee!
Edit (22:37): We didn't end up going to the mall. I went to the gas station to buy a calling card and some beers (which are SUPER cheap, like $5 for a 6 pack of Bud). I tried calling home but no answer :( which made me sad and kinda teary (sorry mom if I sound sad in the message, I just miss you lots! everything is going well I promise). We all hung out at the pool and drank some beers while the redneck American's inside watched the Super Bowl. We ended up going across the street to a Cuban restaurant, 16 of us, and had some dinner around 9pm. It was a nice little place with live music. The menu was funny, all Spanish but some had translations while others didn't (or very vague descriptions "white bread sandwich"). I got a quarter chicken (cuban style...?) which came with rice & beans. Still not sure what part of it made it "Cuban style" because it was just chicken with onions on top & served with a lemon slice. It's good that there are some Spanish speaking people, they were able to communicate with the (almost) all Spanish-speaking staff. I'm so tired from all the traveling that I'm going to bed now. I have to be up and in the conference room for more training tomorrow at 9am. I am meeting all of the important people from Image, so I must impress them if I want a good cruise placement. We had to get into pairs (with people from another country) and tomorrow we will present the other person to the group (like an introduction "this is ______, he's from ______, etc.) My partner is a guy named Lee from Birmingham, England who has his Bachelors in Fine Art with a concentration in Photography. The thing he will miss the most while on the cruise is Sunday night dinner made by his mum: Beef, roasted potatoes, vegetables and yorkshire pudding.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment